Friday, June 14, 2013

Storing baby food.

When Dexter was a baby I never made him his own food, I thought it would be to difficult and time consuming. Not to mention I thought I would spend more money and food would always go bad. This time around with Max I knew I wanted to make him his own food after learning about the things they put in baby food and don't tell you. So with Max I began a baby food making journey. It was incredibly easy. Except one thing. I could not find anything to put the food in! I bought a product that came with baby food storage jars but instead of being convenient they were more "cutesy" They were not practical at all and I had a hard time using them.

When sprout offered me a chance to review their product I was so excited! Their jars were just what I wanted and needed. I love that you can freeze and microwave the cups. Although I try not to microwave baby food. It is also very convenient to be able to write on the cups. The label is big enough that you can write what is in the jar and when you made it! The lids are tight locking and don't leak. The tray that they come with holds all the jars in place and makes for easy storage in my fridge. The cups are marked with lines to make it easy to get the right portion in although I found them difficult to see once the food was in the jar.
Overall I really love these cups. I love that they are dishwasher safe and that they hold a larger amount of food (4 oz). I also love that they are BPA free.


About the product:
Baby Food Containers- Sprout Cups - Reusable 2 Oz. Storage Cups (12 Pack) with Tray and Dry-Erase Marker - 100% BPA Free: Sprout Cups are perfect for busy moms and dads. These 2 ounce cups allow you to make your own baby food and freeze them for easy meal prep later on. Measurement markings clearly show portions and the dry erase window allows you to note the contents and date. Sprout Cups are freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. Screw on lids prevent messes from leaking food. The stacking cups and storage tray provide convenient storage. Most importantly, Sprout Cups are BPA free and safe for baby.

Available to purchase/Cost:  $14.95 - 12ea 2oz Sprout Cups
Make sure you are following Sprout cups to keep up to date on all their products!
Facebook:  Sprout Cups 
Pintrest: Sprout Cups I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. I never would have thought of that. I read this and "filed it away" for the day I hopefully get to have a little one of my own :)

    ReplyDelete