Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hair Shadz a root blending dry shampoo & sunscreen by Monimay

ef9244cf6e2d12234b5b0e3b9c7e51dd7e3a5b7c

Did you know that your hair does not protect your scalp from the sun? I didn’t! In fact when Dexter was little I use to tell him as soon as he decided to grow some hair I would stop lathering his bald head in sun screen. Max I never worried about because the kid was born with more hair than me! Up until about two weeks ago I thought that it was common sense not to put sunscreen on your scalp. Then I received an amazing product to review called Hair Shadz. The original reason I wanted to review it was because it was a dry shampoo that was colored to help you go between colorings without having roots. But after reading about the product I found out so much more! This product will help to protect against skin cancer. Skin Cancer is the most common type of Cancer in the United States with more than 68,000 Americans being diagnosed with Melanoma, the most deadliest skin cancer and another 48,000 being diagnosed with an early form of the disease that only involves the top layer of skin. So basically I was not protecting my kids or I from the sun all these years like I thought I was.

So what does that have to do with Hair Shadz? Its just a dry shampoo.. No Its not! It is much more than that. It is a 3 in 1 revolutionary solution to protect your scalp from the sun. It is an all natural micronized mineral powder formula, so you don’t have to lather on that nasty sunscreen into your hair. In fact it actually makes your hair look better since it is also a root blending dry shampoo.

When I received my bottle of Hair Shadz I was so excited. I opened up the bottle and began *trying* to use it. A bit of advice, make sure you turn the dial first so it is able to come out…. Well after I got it to come out I really liked it. I was sent the black which is the natural color of my hair, so I am not sure how well it blends but It covered my hair well so I would think it would blend well. It was very easy to put on and did not leave my hair with any sort of film. If you have ever used a dry shampoo before you will notice a little bit of a sticky feel at first, this has that feeling but goes away after a few minutes. I really loved the brush application and how easy it was to put on.

A few days later I was at the park with the boys, since Dexter will wear a hat I don’t have to worry about him, but Max won’t so now I have to worry about him. Luckily the bottle is small enough that I just threw it in my purse so I had it with me. I thought for sure he would fight me on putting it on his head but I think he actually liked it! It may have tickled. But it was so easy to put on and it made me feel great that he was being protected!

I want to tell you a little bit about the company, in 1999, Monica lost her Mother to malignant Melanoma. The original source of the Cancer started on her scalp. Monica researched the issue and discovered how common this disease is. Researchers have proven the scalp hair is not necessarily protecting ones scalp from harmful sun radiation . The sun damages unprotected scalps severely. Since people want to avoid putting greasy sun block in their hair, many people develop cancerous moles on their scalps from lack of proper sun protection.

Monica enhanced her Hair Shadz® and Sun Shadz® products to include protection for the  scalp against harmful UVA and UVB rays. Hair Shadz® and Sun Shadz®, with its patented powder formula, and the easy application brush it provides protection on the scalp with every use.  Every man (golfer, hunter, hiker, etc.), woman and child will benefit from using Hair Shadz® and Sun Shadz®.

Hair Shadz (and Sun Shadz) are endorsed by the International Melanoma Foundation, licensed with PETA, and have a Dermatology signature of approval.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment