Saturday, September 10, 2011

Action baby carrier review

Recently I have been on what seems like a never ending quest for the perfect carrier. I wanted something lightweight since it does get so hot down here, but it had to be sturdy so I felt like Dexter was safe in it. I own a Hot sling as well and I never feel fully comfortable in it. I constantly feel like he is going to fall out. So after about a month of searching I have found what I think is a great carrier for our 11 month old baby. It is called an action baby carrier.
The Action baby carrier is my first SSC! I am so excited to try it out and review it.

 After ordering it straight from the company I received an immediate email notification that my order had been received and later that day I got a shipping notice! The shipping time was super fast and I received the carrier today after placing my order Monday! I chose the Robins egg print. I love the colors they are so beautiful. As soon as it got here I impatiently wanted to try it on, and use it. However little man was sleeping so I had to wait. I did snap a quick picture of the carrier though.
The carrier strapped onto a chair.

close up of the print

arm strap buckle

With the hood up

Waist buckle

Hood buckle


 Action baby carriers started off as one woman trying to make a baby gift turned into a business. Also all carriers are made in the USA! I know I for one love that about a product.

 The first time I put Dexter in the carrier I did a front facing in carry. I read all the instructions and followed them the best I could. They are clearly written and they include pictures which is always helpful for me! It still took me a minute to get him in there because this is my first soft structured carrier. After I got it on I was very pleased with it. He feels so safe in the carrier and I don't feel like I need to constantly be holding his bottom! The straps were easy to adjust with one hand and they moved easily. I did not feel like I was having to use a lot of muscle to get the straps in the correct place.

 The next try for me was the back carry. This proved to be a little more difficult because he was so squirmy. and just wanted to ride my back like a horse when I was trying to get him in there. Also I was worried he was not all the way down so I had to go to a mirror and check to make sure I was putting him in correctly. Once I got him in the carrier worked great! he was high up on my back and I felt he was very safe in there.

 When my husband got home from work I also had him try it on. It took him a little bit longer to get it on right but he was pleased with the way Dexter fit in there. He was more uncomfortable wearing it the I was. I think this is a great carrier for shorter people but taller people seem to have a harder time getting a good fit. It still works with my husband but it is just not as comfortable. I am 5'3" and my husband is 6'1"

 Over all this is a good carrier and well worth the money. I would recommend it to a short friend but not a tall one. 

Pros
Great quality
Fast shipping
Great selection of patterns
comfortable for me. 5'3"
Has an attached hood.
The straps un buckle so you can wear it in multiple positions. 
Buckles are all sturdy
Well made
Made in the USA
Can carry a baby from 8 to 40 lbs

Cons
Straps are not as padded as I would like.
Not a good fit for my husband.
The chest strap is not attached and it can easily be lost.
Does not come with different instructions for a newborn. 
No pockets for storing stuff.

Here is a link to the website if you would like to order your own.: http://www.actionbabycarriers.com/shop/

No comments:

Post a Comment