Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cheesecakes and play dates!

 

The past few weeks have been crazy around here! With Dexter really getting on the move it seems like I am pooped every night! Like I am tonight so please excuse my ramblings but I feel like we need to give everyone an update of our exciting lives!

We have had a lot of fun days though. Recently Dex and I went to the zoo with our friends Gunner and Steff. Dexter absolutely loved it! He got to sit under where the penguins swim with Gunner and they swam over their heads. I think he could have stayed there for hours if we would have let them! He also really liked the Apes (I think that’s what they were) There was a mama ape picking ticks off the baby ape and he just thought it was sooo funny! He was laughing at them for a while, squirming to get out of my arms to go join them. Where was the dad Ape you might ask, he was asleep next to the mom and baby of course! That made me laugh. I can not wait to take him back again. Hopefully I will remember to take some pictures.

We have been able to do a lot of stuff together now that I am not working. Although some times it would be really nice to talk to some adults and get paid for all the work I do I realize how blessed I am to be able to stay home with my son! Lately we have been able to have lots of play date with Steff and Gunner, and the boys are becoming quite the little buddies! I have pictures to follow but I think these two are really cute in my own, non biased, opinion! We have also been going to story time every Wednesday and Dexter is starting to adventure out and crawl around the circle! Makes for a busy mom but its cute. All the little girls love him too! They always come over to pet him. lol. We also were able to have a cloth diapering class/play date at my house recently. It was nice to meet other cloth diapering mamas! Being as though we seem to be our own breed. lol!

In other happenings I also moved out table out of the dinning room so that Dexter could have his own play room and my living room would stop looking like a mess everyday! Now his mess is being contained to mostly one room, but sometimes it drifts. Why do I feel like slowly he is taking over my house?? The play room is where the dining room use to be, right next to the kitchen. So now he does this thing where he will be playing with me but if I get up or turn around he will crawl as fast as he can to get into the kitchen! Then while he is in the doorway he always sits down, turns around and looks at me with this “come get me!” grin! It is so cute, but I think he knows he isn't supposed to be playing in the kitchen so I try not to laugh at him to much. Well that was until we put up the baby gate on Saturday so now he just crawls to the baby gate, pulls himself up and peeks through it! Still just as adorable.

Speaking of last Saturday, I tried my hand at making cheesecake! Lets just say that didn’t go so well. The first one I made I  burnt because I thought it wasn’t done, then the second one I also thought it wasn’t done so I mixed the topping in with the rest of the cheesecake out of frustration, went to the store and bought a desert! I was making them for a friends party. Well when I got home after they had been sitting on the counter for 2 hours they were nice and firm!! Turns out when cheesecake is cooked, it just looks un-done! So they both taste good but aren’t pretty to look at. I just need to find someone now to pawn them off on! I do not need to eat two cheesecakes, and we all know I will if they are sitting in my fridge!

Well it is way past my bed time so here are some pictures! And a video of course!
IMG_0931 Sitting in the chair uncle Dave made him, it wasn’t as dark as it looks outside and he thinks its pretty fun to sit there and look.

IMG_0938 “oh hey mom I thought I would get into your lunch bag and get a sandwich out. I know we were going on  picnic but this seemed like more fun. I hope you don’t mind!”

IMG_0953 My favorite way to start off the morning!

IMG_0966 Gunner showing Dexter how to play the piano!!

And the video I promised:

Dancing with his Valentines day dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment